At Fit2Finish we know that sports are a great way for kids to try on life. The lessons are everywhere!
Best thing is, we don’t have to say a thing, the game does it for us. Here is your TOP 10 list for 2015!
- Show up for practice and for the main event: you’ll play like you practice so bring your “A-game” to both.
- Know where you’re heading and know what the goal is: always have a target and be sure it’s the same for your team or teammate.
- Have several game plans, not just one: be flexible in your approach. Doing the same unsuccessful thing over and over is not likely to yield new results.
- Don’t count on the one thing that is least likely to occur: play the most favorable odds to have the most success. Usually the simplest way is the best.
- Work towards small goals (short-term goals) to reach larger goals: goals should be specific and achievable to be motivating.
- Practice skills before the big performance: this ingrains good habits and does the most to defeat nervousness.
- Don’t give up because you get a penalty or make a mistake: Learn from these.
- Figure out what you want to accomplish and then plan backwards: this is one way of keeping goal setting realistic and on target.
- Have a coach and people who cheer you on: we all need someone in our corner, especially when things are hard.
- Work as a team to get things done: the diversity of skills, approaches and abilities will give you the best chance of success.