- Increase in Resting Heart rate (taken before getting out of bed in the morning for at least 10 consecutive days).
- Persistent muscle soreness.
- Fatigue. Reluctance to train. Body is tired and heavy. Pattern of skipping practices or games.
- Sleeplessness: trouble falling asleep, wake during the night.
- Decrease in appetite. Weight loss. Irregular menstruation in females.
- More frequent colds, upper respiratory infections.
- Boredom. Lack of motivation. May have falling grades.
- Decrease in self-esteem. Unhappiness that pervades other activities.
- Cynicism. Negative outlook. Moodiness. Inappropriate response to usual stresses.
- Frequent minor injuries. Injuries which are slow to heal or recur.